Please find our latest vacancies below.
- Job Title: Quality Inspector
- Department: Quality
- Location: Stone
- Travel Required: Yes
- Reporting to: Quality Manager
- Travel frequency/duration: Monthly, mainly UK
Contract: Permanent Hours per week: 46
MGS Precision Limited is a customer driven precision engineering business providing solutions to a wide range of complex engineering challenges in safety critical market sectors.
MGS Precision Limited is recognised as being a customer focused leader in the provision of complex, high precision machining in difficult materials for highly demanding markets. The nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our products, the applications of which could be safety critical.
- Accept/reject in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production.
- Accept/reject incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Accept/reject finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Generate and compilation of First Article Inspection Reports.
- Making appropriate decisions when concerns over quality and safety become apparent.
- Identify problems areas and liaise with operator and relevant personal to resolve them.
- CMM programming of components.
- Use the M1 ERP systems for booking and inspection of work.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS/ ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Be flexible in working shifts.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
At all times ensure that compliance with company policies is maintained.
Health & Safety
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Company Safety Policy, responsibility to carry out the above duties in a safe manner in accordance with the Safe Systems of Work and the procedures laid down under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- HNC Engineering.
- Knowledge of general engineering practices.
- Knowledge of general measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of CMM measuring equipment.
- Ability to work in metric or imperial.
- Ability to interpret technical data, including models, drawings, and specifications.
- At least 3 years within an engineering linked role.
- At least 2 years within inspection/quality role.
- Experience with a target driven business.
- Specific aerospace or marine engine experience.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimension & tolerancing.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communicator, written and verbal (presentation).
- Able to build strong relationships, internal and external.
- Good IT skills.
- Mathematically literate, understanding cost and pricing.
- Good English skills.
- Able to work with others, communicating and building robust working relationships with other departments and people across the business.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to new ideas and approaches.
- Able to accept ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned.
- To be a positive ambassador for the business.
- Driving licence.
- Penetrant level 2 to EN4179/NAS410.
- Magnetic particle level 2 to SNT-TC-1A/NAS410/EN4179.
To apply for the vacancy please email your CV to TChowns@mgsprecision.co.uk
CNC Setter/ Operators – Milling
CNC SETTER/OPERATORS – MILLING
We are an established precision engineering company looking for experienced machine shop inspectors and setter/operators. Shifts are rotating double days based on 6 – 2; 2 – 10 principle.
- CNC Horizontal Machining Centres with Fanuc based controls.
- CNC Vertical Machining Centre with Heidenhain Fanuc controls.
- CNC 5-Axis Machining Centre with Heidenhain controls.